Themer - Telecommute - Any time zones
Since 1995 Ubertus, inc. provides services for all aspects of web sites. We have an extensive experience working with organizations that improve quality of life for communities. Organizations such as not-for-profit, philanthropics, universities, colleges, non-governmental organizations (NGO), independent political candidates, elected governments, museums, social services, charities, cooperatives, foundations, and volunteers. We proudly work in collaboration with such organizations to achieve their goals.
We really believe in a shift from fear to love, from control to trust, from competition to collaboration, from destruction to creation, from stand alone creation to co-creation. Including but not limited to accountability, clean energy, collaboration over competition, corporate social responsibility, diversity, economic and social justice, ethic, free education, health care, open communications, progressive positive environmental, political, and social changes, sustainable development, world peace. We do business only with clients whose web projects match our values.
Member of the Drupal Association
Ubertus, inc. is seeking talented Drupal Themers. Both junior and senior applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate MUST be an active contributor to the Drupal community. There are several areas in which you can contribute. Candidates without contribution will be ignore.
Benefits of telecommuting
- You can work in a suit or in your housecoat/dressing gown and only have to commute to your fridge and back. You don't have to leave the comfort of your own home except to replenish your stores of Vitamin D. Really.
- You can set your own working hours. Also, as a team we try to set meeting date and time convenient for all involved.
- Translate already existing GIMP or Photoshop layered design files into Drupal themes. Such as Zen theme, Fusion theme, AdaptiveTheme.
- Cross-browser compatibility testing and theme bug fixing
- Review project requirements
- Estimate tasks in hours / Forecast User Stories in hours
- Make recommandations based on project requirements
- Actively contribute ideas and suggestions for making our services, websites, and products better and to match both client and end user needs
- Attend Scrum meetings
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as required
- Experience in Drupal Theming. For Drupal version 6 and 7.
- Experience with mobile theming or willing to learn it
- Experience with widely use Drupal theming engines. Such as Zen theme, Fusion theme, AdaptiveTheme.
- Experience with GIT
- Please provide a portfolio of your Drupal theme work. Preferably with link to website(s).
- Experience with XHTML and CSS 2.0
- Experience with GIMP or Photoshop. Preferably GIMP.
- Experience with image optimization
- Experience with Inkscape or Illustrator. Preferably Inkscape.
- Understanding of Flash but no need for experience
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Adapt to changing needs in tools, formats and creative specifications
- Completion of a relevant university or college program or work experience equivalent
- Being able to telecommute
- High speed internet connection
- Functional understanding of the English language. Both speak and write.
- Sense of humor
- Self starter, ability to manage itself
- Experience with Agile methodologies or willing to learn it. Preferably Agile Scrum.
- Gracefully accepts end user and tester's feedback
- An understanding of the marriage between theming freedom and business requirements
- Depending on experience and performance
To apply fill out our employment inquiries form and we can start getting to know each other. No phone calls or emails, please.